Frequently Asked Questions
We try and cover a lot of the common questions that our website audience may have. But if you do not find what you are looking for, please do give us a call or use our contact form found below.
SpellBrand specializes in creating award winning logo designs, website designs and helps clients with positioning and brand strategies. A brief list of services we provide:
- Logo Design
- Brand Identity
- Brand & Positioning Strategy
- Website Design
- Marketing & Print Design
At SpellBrand we put our customer first. Our design and service processes have been honed since 1998 to facilitate easy delivery of high quality end results that our clients can use for their brands and differentiate themselves amongst competitors.
Our ORDER process:
- Once you have reviewed our portfolio and client work, you can request for our price list by filling out the form on our contact page.
- You can also request to schedule a phone call with one of our brand strategists if your requirement is more complex or if your projects is large and varied, using the form on this schedule call page.
- Once you get our price list or a proposal and quote, if you have any questions or concerns, you can reach out to one of our friendly team members via email.
- If you do decide to go ahead and engage us to create your awesome brand identity, website design or brand strategy, you will get an invoicevia email.
- Once that is taken care, we will send you a link to our creative brief that you can complete and submit.
- Once we receive the completed brief, we will create your project on Basecamp – a project management online software that we use to manage our projects and to communicate with our clients.
- A team of talented designers will be assigned to your project headed by a Creative Director. Read more about our team.
Our PROJECT process:
- We start every project by analyzing the input the client submitted in the creative brief. We try and understand what the client wishes to have as the end result.
- We then head into the discovery phase which includes researching the client, the business, the market segment and the competition.
- We then move into the brainstorming phase which includes mind mapping, idea generation, doodling, sketching.
- This leads to the design phase where we turn ideas and doodles into solid designs.
- Once the design phase is completed, we have a peer review process where the validity and uniqueness of the design concepts is reviewed and a final list of designs selected to be presented to the client.
- A beautiful presentation is created and presented to the client showcasing the design concepts in real world applications and scenarios so the client can visual each design and make an informed decision.
- The client can then select one of the presented design directions and proceed to either finalize the project or request tweaks and fine tuning.
- Once the client is happy with the final design, we create the final printer ready file formats and deliver the source files (AI and EPS) as well as web files (JPG, PNG, PDF, TIF, PSD, GIF). Client can download final files.
If you want to discuss your requirement or have questions about our service, you can schedule a call with one of our strategists on this page.
If you would like to know our prices and how it would cost for your project, please complete and submit a brief “request prices” form on our contact page.
If you are a current customer with a live project, you will be communicating with your creative director and your design team via our online portal.
If you are a previous customer and require some help or would like to talk about a new project, you can contact us from this support page.
SpellBrand is a creative agency with offices in New York, London, Sydney, Toronto and Dubai, helping startups and entrepreneurs with creating magical brand identities. Read more about SpellBrand.
We accept all major credit cards.
We also accept bank wire transfers to our bank accounts in New York (HSBC) or London (Barclays).
We use FreshBooks, Stripe and Paypal for invoices and accepting payments.
For most brand identity projects, we require 100% upfront payment. However, you are protected by our refund policy (please see refund FAQ below).
For website projects, we take the project fees in 3 instalments.
We aim to provide the highest quality service. However, since creativity and design are subjective, we understand that from time to time, a client may not like what we create and may seek a refund. This is how our refund policy works:
For brand identity projects, we offer a 50% refund policy*. This is applicable when we take 100% of the project fees upfront and not when we take a deposit. Deposits are non-refundable. When we present the initial logo design concepts presentation, if the client wishes to cancel the project and walk away at that stage, they will get 50% refund. We will, however, retain copyrights to the designs we create.
For website projects, we usually take a non-refundable deposit to begin a project followed by instalments based on milestones.
For all other services, refunds depend on the project scope and terms.
*Any terms laid out in your specific proposal may override this.
Yes, absolutely. You will have 100% ownership of the final designs. Once we hand over the final source files to you, you can do what you will with the designs including applying for trademark.
SpellBrand does retain the right to display the designs in our promotional material, website and/or social media channels. You can request us to waive this right by paying a small fee. Please ask your project manager about this.
We can meet up with clients in our New York and London offices only. Our Toronto, Sydney and Dubai locations are just studios and do not have any client facing provision.
To schedule a face-to-face meeting, we would have to go through a discovery process which includes emails to start with and then phone calls to establish the scope of the project. If we feel like we are a good fit, we can then schedule a meeting at our office.
All our brand identity and website designers are in-house in our New York, London, Toronto, Sydney and Dubai studios.
Our design team is highly talented and motivated. Our recruiting process is quite intense and most of the team members have been with us for 6 years or more.
We do not outsource our work.
Your question not answered above?
If you have a question not answered above, please use this form to ask your question and one of our team members will get back to you within 8 business hours. For a quote or proposal, please use our price request form on our contact page.