If you are running an online store, the product page is one of the most important parts of your ecommerce site. Needless to say, having the right elements in your product page is very crucial in sales conversion. These are called Product Page Boosters.
Before you follow this improvement tips, try to understand the mindset of your customers about product pages. To them it’s a one-stop source of all information not only about your products but competitors as well. Here are some of the basic yet effective tips to improve conversion rates of your product pages with the help of product page boosters:
- Provide at least 3 high quality images. Do not forget to use “see larger image” option to better appreciate the product.
- If you are selling a wearable item show images that it is worn by your typical target customer.
- Use white background to add some a simple yet elegant appeal to your product
- Though it’s good to provide many images, consider also its effect on your page load. Unfortunately, patience is not a virtue of many online customers.
- Answer the question, “Why you should buy this product?” Emphasize the key benefits or advantages of your products or services compared to competition. Be careful not to exaggerate.
- Offer both the overview of product (short description or summary) located at the higher portion of your page and detailed information (specifications, additional features, positive and negative testimonials) below the fold.
- Adjust the wordings to the comprehension level of your target customers.
- Add “call to action” phrases such as “add to cart” or “buy now” to encourage purchase. You can also highlight the savings or discounts in case you’re offering it for a limited time. Place it either on the right-hand portion of the screen or below your short product description.
- Include product a comparison chart in case you have other similar products or services which a customer may want to evaluate as well. You can even compare your products against leading brands, if you’re confident about your distinct advantages
- Include a “related products” link to encourage more purchase. Follow Amazon.com’s system called “What Do Customers Ultimately Buy After Viewing Items Like This?”
How To Supersize Your Product Page Conversions
Many e-commerce website owners place high priority on their landing pages. Landing pages are important—there’s no denying that—but product pages are often the heavy lifters when it comes to sales. Your product pages can make or break your business, so it is important to get them exactly right for your market. Here are a few tips for creating product pages that will work as hard as you do.
Disclose information in chewable bites. Every customer is looking for a different set of information. Some want to know every possible detail of a product, while others are turned off by the clutter that this can entail. Luckily, there is a way to keep diverse types of customer happy. You can group information under different tabs or headers. You can place the details below the basic information such as the price and photos, so people who want the information can scroll down and the others don’t even have to deal with it. You can use pop-ups, pop-outs, and other devices as well. The important thing is that you offer the details in a way that does not interfere with the basics, and that you remain consistent throughout your website.
Use professional, unique copy. Because most e-commerce websites have a large number of products, many webmasters streamline the process by simply using the manufacturer’s description. This is never, NEVER, a good idea. First, it erases the SEO value of the description because so many people are using the exact same wording. Second, it robs you of a valuable chance to talk to your customers. Good, professionally written, the unique product information will describe your products better than the manufacturer’s copy and boost your website’s ratings at the same time. Write it yourself or farm it out, but make sure the job gets done.
Use comparisons. Contrast can be a great way to sell your products. Show customers how your products are different from others by including charts comparing features or simply price comparison. When placed near your call-to-action, comparison can be a powerful selling tool even without any other descriptions or features.
Include delivery information. Many web customers are wary of shipping expenses and other delivery details. You can assuage their fears by including this vital information on your product pages. Don’t make them wait until checkout to see this information; many will never make it that far simply because they are afraid of the unknown.
Make it easy to buy. This is a valuable tip, but it is actually very simple: place your ‘Buy’ or ‘add to Cart’ buttons in a highly visible place. Use high contrast colors and make it a one-step process. Save signing and other processes for checkout. Don’t make people look hard for the way to buy your products; some won’t figure it out, while others may simply leave in frustration.
If you are not using these tips, you are losing out on valuable conversions. Make your product pages the best they can be!